Sunday, August 3, 2008

Holy Smokes! Literally.

So, the boys tried to burn down the house today. We want to sell it....not burn it. I thought that I smelled something burning near the kitchen (again - we had the a/c unit burn up last week and the smell was coming through the kitchen vents). Anyway - I went on about my business of frantically cleaning for our open house. I left with the boys and Matt called me over at the Blakes to let me know that the boys had thrown a pair of their underwear up into the light fixture in the dining room. They were smoking. HOLY SMOKES! Had we left for a house showing and been gone a few hours (as we often do), we could have burned the house down!! Here are the famous undies.

In this next picture, I was trying to help Cade with the potty, talk on the phone and feed Cannon. When I walked back in the room, I caught Carson feeding Cannon his rice cereal. Notice he put a bib on himself too. They were both so messy after that....the bib was a good call on his part!And Cannon belly laughing at Carson....The boys pulled out as many blankets as we would let them on Friday night and "carpeted" the downstairs. Cade had a hold on Carson here.


Then, on Saturday am, they decided to hide in Matt's hamper.


And then fight over it...


It has been a LONG weekend at the Mitchell house....and then Daddy is gone all next week. Luckily, the big boys are going to Vacation Bible School this week!! Praise GOD!!!

2 comments:

The London's said...

There are some major adventures at your house!! Good thing you found the source of the smoke...lol!

3Lads&aLass said...

Oh my goodness! And I thought we'd seen it all in this house of boys... but I dare say we've never had smokin' underwear around here!