Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School!

Well, we survived! Today was the first day of Pre-K3 for Cade and Pre-K4 for Carson. Cade has Mrs. King, who was Carson's teacher last year and should be nominated for Sainthood. She's unbelieveable!! If anyone can get Cade excited about anything other than being physically attached to his Mommy, they are next to God in my book!! He did wonderfully today! Carson has Mrs. Bloundt, who is adorable. She is just so, so sweet and I think will be a wonderful fit for his personality. They both made new friends today and have each talked non-stop about their new best friends! I was a little worried about Carson because I wasn't able to get him in the same class with his friends from last year, due to our late sign up. He is quite happy with his new buddy though and introduced me when I went to pick him up. Here are some pics of them this morning.




Cade with his typical "cheese"!
My handsome Carson.My attempt at a pic of the two of them together..Carson pulling weeds and Cade putting leaves in his hair. In other news, Cannon tried carrots for the first time last night. At first, he was totally unamused, but he seems to have warmed up to them now. We also have a new nanny/housekeeper that started today, and I have to say, I'm in love with her! I can't believe that I didn't go this route ages ago!! She is super, super sweet to the boys and my house is spotless. I am heading back to work this week and I think that she is going to make this transition a lot easier on me. I have been losing sleep over the thought of leaving Cannon already, but Ms. Nilza is a saviour.

Here, Cannon is looking at me like, "Is this what you were so excited to feed me? Stinkin' Carrots???".

But he warms up...And clearly isn't lacking in the nutrition department...What a mess!!



AND, a big special thank you from Cade to his super cool friends, Wilkes and Jay Banks! They were so sweet and gave him a punching bag and boxing gloves for his birthday. The boys have had a swell time beating the hell out of each other with them, and abusing us as well. In fact, sweet Nilza wasn't here for 15 minutes this am and Cade went after her with a glove. Hopefully, she'll be back tomorrow!! If not, I can't say that I blame her.
Taking a cheap shot at Daddy!

Look at their faces in this picture! You can just see how hard they are trying to hit each other!

Seriously, Wilkes and Jay Banks, you are the greatest! Who knew that these gloves would provide hours of entertainment? ;-)

We hope that everyone else had a great first day back to school today!! We're super sad about the end of summer, but looking forward to an awesome fall and lots of changes in the Mitchell house!!

2 comments:

3Lads&aLass said...

Our boys don't start back until the end of next week, up here in the great white North, but the nip in the air says school days are coming. Carson and Colin are just starting to look like little men, aren't they, Joy? I swear when he sleeps, I can see what he'll look like as a teenager (Please let those days come slowly!!) Good luck going back to work, I go back next week too and am NOT looking forward to it either.

The London's said...

I love that face!! Cannon seems so thrilled for the carrots..almost as excited as Alyssa was. Looks like their first day of school was a success!