Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

Well, my birthday usually falls on Memorial Weekend, but not this year! So, we had to make other fun. After rescuing one of our suburbans out of the shop on Friday (and I won't even go into how much it cost us to fix the old beater! $%*@&), we started our weekend celebration.

We had dinner with the Bucks at Lupe one night. We hung out with the Blakes another night and then FINALLY the sun showed up on Monday morning. Matt set up the waterslide and the boys had a blast.


The boys were their usual daredevil selves!








I love this pic of Cade! He looks like such a surfer boy!



Cannon even loves the slide (but you can't tell from this picture)! He would try and try to climb up the back of it. We had to keep hauling him up there or setting him up from the side so that he could slide. BIG BOY!

Cannon did some chillin' too!And laughed at his Daddy...His Daddy is kind of Silly!They all enjoyed homemade popsicles. How old school are these?I LOVE this picture of Cade!And Mr. Rotten had two! Go figure!!What a fun holiday weekend with friends and kiddos! We can't wait to do it all over again!! I am SO READY for summer and to be home more and on the road less. School is out this week (it was supposed to be last week, but they tacked on an extra week b/c of the swine flu mess) and I am happy to not have to shuttle them back and forth for such a short day. We have a college girl who is helping out a few days a week and she is WONDERFUL with them! So far, she has only had Cade and Cannon, but I am really impressed. Now, I'm cleaning like a maniac and my chores are never ending, but it is worth it to have happy kiddos. We hope that all of you had as much fun as we did!

No comments: