Thursday, May 7, 2009

Aunt Jen's Wedding

WOW! It finally happened!! Our awesome (and beautiful!) Aunt Jen finally married Scott!! What a fun weekend!

We had quite the drama leading up to it though. I had a work deadline that was horrendous on April 30th, school closed down on the 29th (and is STILL CLOSED) due to suspected swine flu and many other happenings...like the stomach bug and other fun here at the Mitchell house. It was a rough week, to say the least.
However, the weekend came and we were set and ready to have fun! I went down on Thursday to spend some time with the bride and to help get ready to co-host the bridal luncheon with Cara. I just love our friends! Here we are at the bridal luncheon at Cara's house.

Jen and I on our way out to the rehearsal dinner, after a long photo shoot all over Galveston. I was in charge of keeping her dress clean, during that. Umm...she was taking pics on the beach, so that was impossible.After the rehearsal dinner, at Yaga's on the Strand.Oh, the morning of the big wedding. Chaos. THANK GOD, Matt started checking the boys clothes before heading down to the Galvez for the 11:00 rehearsal. He discovered that we did not have Carson's suit. A tad bit of a problem since he was the junior groomsman! I called my mom, (who was trying to deal with a big opening at her new store and also keeping Cannon for us that weekend!) and she ran over to our house. After ripping it apart, she finally found it in my closet. Nilza had moved it from the dining room, where I had sat it out, to there. Ugh. The Woodlands, not exactly close to Galveston! Luckily, my mom's friend was up here and was headed down to Tiki Island, so she transported the suit for us. This is the best picture that I have of Carson in his suit. I'm hoping to get something from the professional photographers since his tie was already loosened here!Then, drama #2. I picked Cade up right before Thorsen was going to come downstairs and the ceremony was going to start and he was totally wheezing and having an asthma attack. Very scary. It was one of those bad ones, where he needed a steroid or round the clock breathing treatments...neither of which I had on me. I was shaking, nervous and totally freaking out, but all the time keeping a smile on my face for Jen! Luckily, my friend Sunny had an inhaler for her little boy in her car and we used that. Matt's parents also got something from CVS that seemed to really help (they made another trip up and met Matt at the back door). He was okay for a couple of hours, but then, he was done. POOR GUY. I was so bummed because he was incredibly excited for the wedding, and looking mighy FINE too. Matt's parents came to pick him up and give him breathing treatments for us all night, BIG SAVE. I grabbed him the next morning and drove him back home for a sterdoid. (This was post him losing his adorable matching sweater vest...). Say what you want about Cade, but he's as cute and funny as they come!

Carson. I don't even know where to start with him. Our camera had a mishap and died about halfway through the reception, but you'll get the just of it. If he was a girl, I would say he was the belle of the ball! For a boy though, he was a rock star!

He hung with his Daddy!

He opened up the dance floor and got everyone moving. Oh, and I just have to make a comment about the hanky in the pocket! He would NOT let it go. He lost the jacket, then shoes, then tie, then socks, but the hanky wasn't going to be lost. He wanted to keep it to wipe his sweat! Is that a professional, or what?These other shots are in no particular order. Here is a pic of Katy and I, pre beach and blowing our hair out. This beautiful girl had a baby only 7 weeks before the wedding!! She looks amazing!!

Doug dancing with the kiddos!

Matt and I..

The fam that was left...

And more girly shots! We all lived in the DZ house at the same time in college. GOOD TIMES. It was so fun to catch up with these fun girls!

Another one of the girls!

One more of the bridesmaids. The wheels are starting to fall off of the bus here! We had a great time!And the rest is all about Carson. Oh, he caught the garter. We don't have a picture of that, but I'm sure that the photographer got it. Carson was known by all....

He danced with the bride (and brought her wine, when needed..)

He kissed the bride...He bellied up to the cake table to eat his cake, with a cute little blonde too!There were props at the wedding. If any of y'all know us, you know how much these girls LOVE their props...microphones, boas, glasses...you name it! By the end of the night, Carson was captain Stubing and loving it!All and all, a stress filled, but awesome wedding!! We love you Aunt Jen and thank you so much for sharing it with us!!

1 comment:

Female Honey Badger said...

Oh Joy, I have to say that you did an amazing job of keeping all the drama quiet. I knew Cade had an asthma attack but you were so Scarlet O'Hara about it with your "oh fiddle-di-di little Cade had a touch of asthma so he had to go home." I had no idea all that went on. You are the best Maid-of-Honor ever! And you did do your best to take care of the dress, but it was all about getting the shot. What can I say... art happens.

Carson was an amazing junior groomsman! He was so handsome and charming and so fun to hang with. What an old soul that kid has. I love him! As for Cade, I think he likes to make short appearances on purpose... it keeps us all wanting more.

Thanks to the whole Mitchell family for an awesome wedding. Grandpa officiated, mom wore the head-set, and son was the one-man entertainment and hospitality committee.

Good times!