Friday, January 9, 2009

We're BAAAACCCCK!

Oh my, it has been a while since I have posted and boy do I have a lot to catch up on. We've been a little busy.....moving, Christmas, family in town, to name a few things!


We survived the move, barely. OMG. That was awful. I would really be fine if we NEVER have to do that again. We moved into the new house at about 8:00PM on the 22nd. We had new hardwood floors going in on the 23rd and 24th and then the big day on the 25th. Matt and I were seriously exhausted by the time that Christmas came. Really, I love it! It is my favorite holiday and if you have ever been to my house around mid November....you know what I mean. This is the first year that I can ever recall being glad that it was over. Sad, very sad, but I promise to do it up big time next year! Just wait!

My sister Jill, brother in law Ryan and my adorable nephew Koen were all here for the holidays! It was wonderful to see them, but it went way too fast!! At least we were able to get a few pics of the boys together. Koen is 7 weeks younger than Cannon, but you sure can't tell it from the pictures! That little chunk isn't missing a meal! Here the cousins are, after my Dad's on Christmas Eve...taking a stroll.

Taking a bath...We have a tradition of opening one gift on Christmas Eve. We always did this growing up and Matt and I have continued it for the boys...we all get new Jammies. Well, I didn't have time for it this year, so luckily my mom took care of that (along with decorating our tree, wrapping all the presents, with Poppy's help, and about a million other things to help me prepare for Christmas in a pinch). Anyway, here is Cannon in his new jammies, posing with Koen. He was pooped and in no mood to sit by the tree and take pics for me.Carson and Cade "loving" on each other in their new jammies.Santa did indeed find us at our new address! The boys were all spoiled rotten, as usual. They must have been super good this year, for all of the loot that they got! Both big boys got new bikes. Here is Cade on his, I'll have to post one of Carson's big kid bike later (he looks about 12 on it and loves riding on the "hills" we have in our new neighborhood).And, they got iPods too, and iDogs and about a million other small things.Opening madness on Christmas morning...Cade did most of the opening for everyone, and for whatever reason, Carson was totally fine with that! Cannon was just happy, as usual.I have tried on three different occasions to get a cute pic of all three boys smiling for our "we moved" cards since I didn't get Christmas cards out this year. Well, this as good as it got!Most of the pictures look like this (notice Cannon eating a rock, nice.)With any luck, we'll get a picture out with our new info by Valentine's day! I think that I have missed the "Happy New Year" window at this point!

No comments: