Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Lots of excitement!

I guess that I will start this one off with a picture of the boys with their BFF, Ryan. He came by for a visit the other day and the boys just LOVE playing with him. They rarely fight, like to do the same things and even have the "pack" mentality...to a fault. Some poor girl at Chick-Fil-A was on the receiving end of that (okay, she was a brat, so I didn't feel TOO sorry for her...). They wouldn't let her go down the slide or anywhere near it. We did get onto the boys and remedy the situation, but she had it comin' to her!

Cade and Cannon were both REALLY sick last week. Cade was having a major upper respiratory infection and scared the hell out of me. We almost took him to the ER, but luckily, Dr. Wilber had sent me packing with some emergency meds, and was I ever thankful for those. We tested out the new pediatrician up here the next day. Cannon had the same mess (was probably RSV she said, GREAT.). Anyway, both boys were getting breathing treatments on the nebulizer at the doctors office at the same time. It just doesn't get any better than that! Poor Cannon had a double ear infection as well (and I had NO idea...I'm usually a pro at diagnosing those too, but he is a trooper and never let on that he had one). I took Cannon back today and he still has a slight infection in one ear. Nice. Other than that, we are all on the mend!

Cade has been self medicating with LOTS of oatmeal. He starts the day off with a bowl or two and normally has another bowl at some point. Whatever keeps him happy and eating! It could be a lot worse (like Cannon...).

Some nice checker lady at Kroger gave Cade these stickers when we were checking out today. Note, she was NOT the same checker in which Carson and Cade got into a loud debate over whether she was a "BOY OR A GIRL, Mommy? IS that Girl a BOY???". OMG. I wanted to die. When you look at this next picture, it is hard to imagine him being a little monster, but trust me, he is.Carson is just growing up WAY too fast! He is officially signed up for t-ball up here on the North side and we are hoping it goes as well as it did back in Pearland.

Here he is riding on his scooter...he loves to go down this driveway to pick up speed and the cruise down into the cul de sac.And, as promised, some pictures of him on his BIG BOY bike, cruising around the cul de sac. Carson has some EXCITING news! He's going to be a BIG part of Aunt Jen and Uncle Scott's wedding! I don't know who is more excited, me or him? His first ring bearer job! Tonight, when I was putting him to bed, he asked if he would be singing? How cute is that? No, fortunately, he won't be singing (he would never do that in front of crowd, anyway...). I told him he just has to stand there and look handsome...he'll have that mastered!

And on to Cannon. Okay, where is my BABY?? He's quickly turning into a toddler...a very busy, wild toddler. He is standing up without holding on to things and actually has taken a step here and there. He just turned 10 months old and he has NO business walking yet. He will do ANYTHING to get a laugh out of Carson and Cade. Unfortunately, the worse he is, the harder they laugh and you can just imagine where that leads. Bathtime has turned into a three ring circus. He is B.A.D. in there. He won't sit, he splashes more than the others ever have and at 10 mos old, thinks it is funny to fall back and put his head under the water. I'm afraid that I've got my hands full here. He wants nothing to do with baby food...in fact, we packed it all up today and gave it one of our good friends. He shakes his head and says, "No, no, no!" if you come at him with a spoon. He has to feed himself. He prefers cookies and yogurt melts (or as Matt and I call them, "baby crack"). Tonight, when I was trying to download pictures, he emptied out a cabinet on our built in desk upstairs and crawled on in there. He was so proud of himself!

Really, this is just flying by! I can't believe that it is time to plan his 1st Birthday Party! I haven't done anything because I think that I am totally in denial! SNIFF.

3 comments:

3Lads&aLass said...

Time for another, then, Joy!

Female Honey Badger said...

Tell Carsie that Aunt Jen said he can sing as long as he changes from his tux and into the linen pants and crisp white shirt that the gospel choir will be wearing. I would want him to blend, you know. BTW - that gal hasn't returned my message regarding available dates. I know that Galveston folks are laid back but seriously? Does no one in that town care about taking my money? Change of venue?

The London's said...

Wow!! They are soo cute..I can't believe it's been almost a year since he was born. I'm planning Alyssa's party now. It's amazing how quickly time goes by with kiddos!