Friday, January 9, 2009

New Year, New School

Well, we rang in 2009 at home, like we always do! We just like to be here, safe and sound, with the kiddos on that night. You know, New Years Eve is for amateurs....we like to save our big nights out for those times when the crazies aren't there with us! The Louks came up and spent the night, so that was fun for all of us. Carson made it until midnight...watching the "party" on TV. I was falling asleep and finally gave up at 12 and made him go down too. He's a party animal! Apparently, our new neighbors all like fireworks. Yippee. I hate them, but the boys loved them (all them...Doug and Matt included!).
I didn't get hardly any pictures, but here is one with Cade and cupcake all over his face. He had
a good time!
The next morning, the boys found a mess outside to get into. This was fun to clean off of them!
We squeezed in one more super quick visit with Koen before they had to fly back to Germany. One more attempt at the card photo...no luck, really.And some of all of the cousins. These are just comical to me.

Cannon and Koen, doing what else? Snacking! Fatties.


In other news, the boys started at their new preschool and LOVE it! Carson is going 5 days a week and Cade is going 3 days. Their school days are only 9 - 2 on Mon - Thur and 9 - 12 on Friday. I'm sure that is going to get really challenging as my work picks up this spring! Anyway, all is good for now.

Here is Carson modeling the first day. Notice, no dress code!! Good times, kind of! I'm glad that they can wear whatever, but the dress code sure was easy.


And a back view of his cool backpack (can use whatever bag now too!! Whoo hoo!!). Thanks Blanchard family for the cool backpacks!Cade seeing Carson off on his first day of school (he started the following day). I am totally regretting not putting him in 5 days a week. He's a terror here for Nilza.Cade going to school today. On Friday, they have "ooey gooey Fridays" They said to put them in old clothes because they will be dirty. Sure enough, he came home with paint all over him. I was warned!

Back view on him!

More fun in the tub! I just bathe them assembly line style these days. I line up all the pj's, put them in the tub, take them out and dress them one by one. It works pretty well, most days!Sometimes, I have a naked baby take off! Cannon LOVES to look down from the top of the stairs!Here is one of Cannon eating lunch today. This kid is not even 10 months old and has sworn off baby food. Not good, since he only has 4 (and a half, I guess) teeth. I'm all for self feeding, and I agree that the baby food is NASTY, but he only wants to eat cookies and yogurt. He totally turns his nose up at all protein, fruits and veggies, and most pasta. I'm not sure how this is going to turn out! We're in a bit of a mexican stand off at the moment. I'm holding out on snacks, other than at restaurants and when I'm desperate to bribe him to stay in a highchair.I guess that I knew this was coming with him. He has just been way too easy from the get go and I've been waiting for him to turn into a little toot! I was just hoping to make it another 9 months or so before that happened!

No comments: