Sunday, May 30, 2010

End of the school year fun

Instead of having a kindergarten graduation, our school has an end of the year program.  It was ADORABLE!  The kids practiced their songs for weeks and put on a great show for the parents.  The theme was "Oh, the Places We'll Go" and each class wore a different colored t-shirt.  Carson had worked on his silly bands (the RAGE of the season) and organized them by color.


A group shot.



The baseball boys with Mrs. Swackhamer.

Carson and his best friend, Jack.  These two had quite the year together!!  Baseball spring and fall and lots of fun memories shared!!  We have really enjoyed getting to know Jack and his sweet family.  I bet that we'll be seeing a lot of each other over the years!!  Carson did a great job of choosing a best friend (on the first day of school, mind you!).
And a final pic with Mrs. Swackhammer.  LOVED HER.  I am praying that Cade gets lucky enough to have her as a teacher next year!!

Also, at the end of the year, they had field day.  They all got t-shirts for this too.  Carson was ready to go!

Holy smokes, it was hot out there.  Obviously, I am a rookie at elementary school parenting.  I volunteered to help out with field day.  The veteran moms all knew better (and laughed at me when I told them that I was volunteering!) and just came up, took pictures and left.  Now, I know!  I had a group of five.  Carson and Jack, and then three sweet girls.  One of the girls just happened to be Miss Ella, Carson's kindergarten girlfriend.  They were an item since the first day of school as well.  She is the one on the far right...must admit, she's pretty cute too!

And a few shots of the field day fun!!  Did I mention how hot it was?






What an awesome school year!!  I felt blessed that our transition into public school went so well.

No comments: