Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Kids say the darnedest things!


Well, since my big boys are on Spring Break this week and Pearland is not until next week, we decided to go make a visit out to Eagle Heights. Mrs. King called last week and the boys have been on me to take them to see everyone. It was wonderful and I realized how much I really miss that place!! Anyway, Carson's teacher, Mrs. Bloudt had saved some things for us that we managed to get out without before leaving for Christmas break and our move. One of these things was a journal that they had started at the beginning of the year. There was open space at the top for drawing and then at the bottom, the beginning of a sentence and then the kids filled it in (Mrs. Bloundt would write it for them usually...). For example, "At home, I live with MY MOM DAD AND BROTHERS". "My favorite color is RED". So on...anyway, one day, they were talking about sounds around the house. "At home I hear.....". Mrs. Bloudt was cracking up as she is trying to describe Carson telling her what to write, "It's like a mixer and you use it to make Margaritas!! You know, Mommy always drinks margaritas!". Mrs. Bloundt was kind enough to fill in "MIXER" and not "BLENDER". SO, at home, he hears the blender and it is ME making drinks?? Really? Lies, all lies. I don't make them in the blender at home...I drink them on the rocks. So there! He went on to tell her that his Daddy just drank beer. Lies again...he drinks ritas with the best of them and (beer too)! Some kid piped up in the back, "What's beer??". At least my kids aren't sheltered! Did I mention that it was a Baptist School? Good times.


On that note, Happy St. Patrick's Day to all! And for the record....not one beer or rita was consumed by me today!

No comments: