Tuesday, July 8, 2008

July 4th and others

We hope that everyone had an exciting July 4th! Ours was actually quite uneventful. We had an open house on Saturday, so we spent all of our 4th getting ready for that. HOPEFULLY somebody will buy this house and it will have paid off! We had hoped to go down and see some friends in Tiki, but just ran out of time.
Matt did manage to find the time to set up a white trash waterslide for the boys. That kept them entertained for about 30 minutes. We couldn't put up the big one because it soaks the yard....you know, have to keep it perfect in case these "imaginary" buyers want to come look at our house!




Carson decided that packing Cade in the box was way more fun than actually playing outside. Cade was none too thrilled with this! In fact, Cade has been less than thrilled with most things lately. I was so excited that he was getting over the terrible twos and was actually quite reasonable to be around! Then, I was reminded how whiney three year olds can be. His favorite line this week is, "Mommy, I CAN'T feel good!". He believes that this will buy him a ticket downstairs at bedtime. Not so much!



You can see in this picture that Cannon has become quite the drooler! He has mastered blowing rasberries and produces bucket loads of drool in the process. He either wears a bib all day, or has multiple outfit changes. Luckily, he had a couple of July 4th outfits to model for us!




Grammy and Poppy took a mini break from packing to come by. You'll also notice Carson's bear, Dexter in the picture. Carson has taken up dressing him daily, in outfits that coordinate with his own. He also must have pajamas at night. This would be fine, but Dexter is now adding the laundry of one more child around here. NOT GOOD.

We had some friends over Saturday evening for some much needed "adult cocktail" time for us and fun for the kids as well. Here are a couple pictures of them having fun.







We also put all three boys in the bathtub (Carson, Cade & Ryan)together for some BIG fun!







Isn't this picture of Cannon the cutest? No good story here, I just like it.


And I love this one of Carson and Cannon.
Lastly, from looking at this final picture of these three angels, you would never guess that they are capable of such things that they did this past week. I had a friend from work stop by with a file, who has never met them or seen our house. I was talking to her out front, looked up and saw both Carson and Cade with their pants down, peeing. And we wonder why our house won't sell? Also, they managed a tri-fecta poop at Flip N Out. Matt got to stay here and tend to the open house while I took all three boys to jump and burn off some energy. Cannon blew out his diaper, just about the time that Carson and Cade both declared the need to poop. How fun is that? Changing and holding a baby while wiping the bottoms of the other two?


However, this picture of them from this am, before I took them swimming at Paw-paw and Nana's makes it all worth it! They are sweet....on occasion.

PS - I just previewed this and the formatting is all jacked up. I'm the girl that can't operate in WORD, so how I ever thought that this would be easy is beyond me. I've spent over an hour on this and I'm not going to fix it. You'll get the drift! ;-)

2 comments:

The London's said...

I love it!! They are soo cute..but I bet it is tiring. Cannon has gotten so big!

Female Honey Badger said...

I don't know how you do it!