Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cannon is 4 mos and Grammy moved!

Matt was out of town, so the boys and I headed up to Grammy & Poppy's new house...her birthday was on Saturday. They had a great time checking everything out. Grammy bought them a new slip n slide, but I didn't think to pack their swimsuits, so they just played in their skivvys, which they thought was super cool. They got big kicks out of the deer that came up into the yard, but I don't know if they will be back anytime soon. They peed all over the place, and don't deer avoid human pee? Anyway, it was fun while it lasted!
Here is a picture of Carson taking a break to give Cannon a kiss.

The upstairs wasn't put together yet, so we all slept downstairs. Carson had agreed to sleep on the couch, but of course changed his mind at 1:30am. I was stuck sleeping sandwiched between Cade and Carson with Cannon in the pack n play in the same room. Cannon started fussing at 5:45 am (which he normally sleeps until 8 am or so...), so guess who else got up? We were all up for the day by 6:30. FUN.
Apparently, the previous owners were quite the rednecks, but they did build this super cool treehouse that the boys love. It's totally unsafe and freaks me out, but they of course think that it's great! Carson spilled some of his drink on his shirt and pulled it off, in case you are wondering why he is "shirts off".


We left Grammy's earlier than expected because the boys were SUPER tired on Sunday after getting up at the crack of town. Needless to say, we had to pull the water slide out when we got home for some entertainment to get through the long afternoon. The boys are total crazy kids on this thing. Carson did actually fly off of the side the other day, finally. I was waiting for that happen. Luckily, he didn't really hurt himself. It slowed him down for about two minutes and then he was flipping on it.



I love this next picture. I had given them each a popsicle and then looked outside and saw them laying on the lounger. This it what summer is supposed to be about! I wish that it had been me laying on the lounger.....those were the days.
Here is Cade with his silly cheese smile. He's such a stinker.

Carson doing what he does best...making me nervous. He's constantly saying, "Hey! Watch this!" and then follows it up with, "What did you think? Did that freak you out?". He is also obsessed with doing everything EXACTLY like his Daddy right now. (Yeah, you can feel sorry for me! ;-) He wants to dress like him, eat like him, sleep like him...you name it. I had to go off in search of boxer shorts in his size this morning because that is what Daddy wears. It's pretty cute, actually!!

Here is just a random picture of all three of them.

And another of Cade looking like a cutie. He's getting quite sassy these days (I guess maybe he always has been...). He starts most sentences with , "Mommy, I told you.....".
Cannon turned 4 mos old on Monday and he's just the cutest! He had his checkup and 4 shots. He weighed in at 16lbs, 11oz and was 25" long. He's in the 80th percentile for weight and 50th for height. Oops. Told y'all he was a chunk! Dr. Wilber was laughing and said, "That boy has no neck to speak of!". I said, "Nope, but he's got a lot of chins!".
Seriously, he is just the cutest, sweetest little guy! He has rolled over a couple of times, but only his crib. I've yet to see him actually do it. It can't be easy to swing that thigh over to get the roll going!
We also gave Cannon his first taste of cereal this am. He wasn't quite sure what to think of it! The boys thought that it was a riot.

I wanted to get Cannon's picture done in this outfit. I love it! Carson wore it for his 1st Easter. Anyway, I was thinking of that today and thought that I had better to try it to be sure that it fits before I do that. I couldn't get it around his thighs. Seriously. Stretchy stuff only for this kid! Oh well, I just took a picture of the top half and it will have to do.
And finally! Cannon playing on the floor while the big boys are napping. He hardly ever gets any floor time because, well, it's just not safe for him there! Somebody is always throwing something, jumping around him, pulling him around or rolling him over and claiming that he did it himself.
That was a TON of pictures for less than a week's time. We have obviously been having a good time!







No comments: