Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Day of School 2009

WOW!! Time has flown by!! Our big boy started Kindergarten yesterday!! Unbelievable!! We started the morning off by waking up Carson and they all had blueberry muffins (their FAVE) and fruit.
Cannon enjoyed breakfast too!!

Then, we moved outside to take the obligatory pics. That was short lived though because all of our neighbors were out waiting for the bus...chatting with them and running around like crazy was much more fun than my photo session!! They did take a few though. My BIG Kindergartener!!


Lovin' this backpack! He wanted to sleep in it the night before school started. We agreed to leave it in his room, but out of the bed. It is a beautiful, light up, GI Joe backpack and we were lucky enough to track down the matching lunchbox! My days of monogrammed cuteness are over, apparently.
Getting a hug from little brother, who is quite bummed that they are not at the same school...for the first time ever.
Cade started Pre-K at a new school and is just as excited about this milestone!
Cannon is quite excited here! I had to crop out Daddy, who was quite sweaty from the awful humidity.

After this, we all loaded up and headed off to school. I didn't put him on the bus the first day, even though he seemed totally fine with that idea!! I figured it would come out in therapy at some point in the future that his mother sent him off alone as a little kindergartener!! Anyway...we all drove him to school and I walked him in (or rather, he walked me in...he is much more thrilled about this milestone than I am!).He stopped for a quick picture in front of Mrs. Swackhamer's class.

And then he was off...and the tears started flowing from this Mommy! I did hold it together long enough that he didn't have to witness that!

I gathered myself, and then prepared to do the next drop off. Here is Mr. Cool cruising down the road to his new school...he has no clue what is about to happen to him!A quick pic of my little guys! I better not blink and then have these two starting Kindergarten. I'd like to savor these little years for as long as possible!More tears after this drop off! From both me and Cannon!! Cade did awesome though!! Walked right on in there like he was 12, put down his backpack and was off! Matt and I just started laughing...he's come a long way from that 2 year old that screamed every morning for weeks!

Then, we all survived the first day and Carson rode home on the bus! The little boys and I wait for him and get him off (luckily, it stops at our house). His bus driver is an older man and apparently tells them jokes all the way home. He gets off smiling and full of it! I'm not sure how either...it is crammed full of kids and no a/c!!

Despite the tears (by me), we are off to a great start!! Carson lucked out and got an awesome teacher!! She is just phenomenal. He is in HEAVEN and has told me both days that he wants to stay in Kindergarten forever!! I'd be okay with that!! ;-)

No comments: