Friday, September 12, 2008

Hunker down!


Well, here comes Ike! We are riding this one out here. Hopefully, that will turn out to be a wise decision! I'll admit it though, I'm a little nervous. Okay, or Matt would probably say that I am totally freaked out. I hate hurricanes! One more reason to move north... Anyway, we have boarded up the downstairs windows and are just doing a lot of praying now. Here are some pics of the boys helping Matt and my Dad cut the boards and hang them last night. BTW - thanks Dad! That was a huge help and has really helped me feel a little bit more "okay" with all of this. Almost all of our neighbors are here as well, which also makes me feel a lot better. We are so lucky to have such great friends living all around us!


Cade helping Paw-paw.


Carson playing the sawdust. They were so excited about all of the tools and craziness.



We tried to burn off as much energy as possible this morning! We went swimming at our neighbors' house, played with our friends and the boys rode their bikes for a bit. I'm afraid that Hurricane Carson and Hurricane Cade will be demolishing the inside of our house all during Ike!
We will be praying for everyone's safety and hoping that our dear friends that live on and near the water will have minimal damage to their homes. Stay safe, everyone!!

1 comment:

3Lads&aLass said...

Best of luck! I hope you are all safe. The winters may be cold up here, but we don't have a lot of natural disasters. And think of all the fun (destruction) the boys would have together. Come to New England!!